Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Catching up on a thing or two

I've recently decided to try my hand at face-painting and my very willing nephew never shies away from being my guinea pig. He was headed to a BYU game and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity for a little practice.

He was thrilled that the teeth stretched into long fangs whenever he was going to scream at the game. It's the little things in life, isn't it?


Next on the catch-up itinerary is just a few of my choice favorites from shooting my cousin's vow renewal ceremony two weekends ago.

The quintessential image of mother fastening daughter into wedding dress:

The lovely bride:

Four generations apart:

I'm quite sure that none of the ladies pictured here would like this image at all, but I love it because I know these women so well. Three generations of fiery red-heads. This photograph tells MANY stories:

The lovely couple:

I simply could NOT get a good shot in this corner and gave up, but had to include the best of the lot anyway for the sake of showing off the kilts (a staple at any of our family weddings):

A nice moment:



A coy moment when a pregnant woman (my sister-in-law) would love to snatch that glass of champagne that her husband (my brother) just poured:

This shot reminded me of a paparazzi frenzy over a budding new Hollywood couple:

I love my brother so much.

There is so much about this picture that I love; every element of it:

If you know my grandparents AT ALL, this photograph will make you laugh out loud:

Cute as buttons, but hell on wheels:

Just something about this one, I really like it. There's something so "them" about it:

I have the most beautiful sisters, here is one of them:

Ok, if you're going to pose, which is hammy anyway, go all out:

I took a TON of casual conversation shots. These are just three of my favorites from the night:



It's the cute ones you have to watch out for:

I swear, this girl was born a teenager:

Sometimes, the best father/son images are the ones you don't expect at all:

No wedding would be complete without family regaling one another with hidden talents:

1 comment:

mimiscraps said...

OH THANK THANK You for showing the pictures! Mom was going to send me some but hasn't yet! Can you email them to me?!! Megan looks fabulous as does everyone else! We just found Carls kilt yesterday!!Ready for Kaits wedding next!!